Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen


  I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks.  Came home and found out that movies are now ten dollars so you better make it worth it. So was Transformers worth my not hard earned ten dollars?  Yes.  Why, you may ask? Well, because it is fun,  I was completely entertained and stressed out about the fate of the world if Megatron and his mentor, "The Fallen" took away the sun.  That would not be good.  So anyway, was Transformers good.  Well, yes and no.  First of all, Megan Fox as much as I want to put her on my one way rocket to the moon for her anti-rpattz quotes and her too tight ponytail, and the stick up her much admired behind, I have to give her props.  She actually made me forget how much I hate her in this movie.  She made me believe she was Michaela a much more likable person.  Shia Labeouf,  when did he grow up and get hot?  What rock was I living under?  With a well placed tan and hair that even after being blown up stays in place, he is a kid no more.  Forget the Disney channel and his many child-star antics.  He is Disney material no more.  The way they explained his broken hand was really stupid and sometimes the robots during the fight scenes tended to blend together where you couldn't tell who was actually kicking who's butt.  Were the good guys winning or not?  It was hard to tell sometimes.  The plot was very thin and far-fetched, but it's a movie about robots who transform from various types of machines into intelligent walking and talking robot-people.  I love the whole, my planet was destroyed so we will save yours idea, can anyone say Superman and Krypton?  Well whatever, the movie was really long and definitely left room for them to round out the collection with a Transformers 3 Megatron's return maybe? I don't know but let's just put it this way.  The work of Shia is never done, broken hand or not, he still saves the world and does it looking good.  Megan Fox you are not my favorite, but at least you have a little appeal in this movie for me.  Maybe you won't get a ticket on my rocket just yet, I'll wait and see if you can make it up to the Twilight fans of the world what you said about their Twi-god.  Let's see if you have the acting chops to live up to the comparison that you should be extremely flattered you are getting to Angelina Jolie.  Shia keep up the good work, whatever that may be that is making you a huge box office draw.  We love you and will continue to, age is definitely agreeing with you and you are a good actor no matter how stupid the part.

** 1/2 stars.  This movie is kinda stupid in it's original make-up.  You don't really have a leg to stand on plot-wise though when your movie is based on a toy by Hasbro.  Look out GI Joe you have large robot shoes to fill.  The movie is way too long and a little corny at times and not to mention predictable! Otherwise, it's good fun, worth the 2 and a half hour run time, I think. Wait for the DVD my lovelies, it will be much better when you can pause and ask your neighbor, "Wait, what just happened?"  Cause I couldn't and I needed to ask kellebelle just that question... I still don't know what was going on in some parts.  Wait for the DVD...out soon I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment