Saturday, May 16, 2009

Angels and Demons


Dear Lord, this movie was boring to the extreme. For a movie called Angels and Demons there were no angels and no demons. Why not name it running around Rome following statues. That, my friends, is exactly what this movie is. It has a villain that you might not expect, but anyone who enjoys a good mystery knows that it is always the person you least expect that does the crime. The most exciting part of this movie was the previews. Dude, Ron Howard usually impresses me with his vision, but I don't know if it was the book, I have not read it, or if it was the directing, or the subject matter, but this movie just bored the crap out of me. Ewan McGregor has a big part to play in the whole story and is really in the movie even more than Tom Hanks. Ewan and Tom are both looking good these days. Tom Hanks is fitter than he has been in a while as evidenced by a swim in a pool with a speedo (shutters in disgust). But personally he is too old for me thanks. Ewan McGregor has no way to be sexy in this movie because he is a priest and being Catholic, that is just wrong. So let's recap. Plot sucked. No angels or demons. No sexy men or at least ones that you can imagine on top of you without burning in hell. Cast sucked. Directing sucked. Scenery was okay, but it was scenery of the frickin Vatican who hasn't seen that? I'm starting to fall asleep as I write this. Let's put it this way, don't waste your money!

0 stars, movies rarely bore me but this one was just horrible. Having to sit through it a second time would be a form of torture I think. I'd rather just go to mass.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment